Psychotherapists at First Markham Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation can work with individuals, couples and families to achieve wellness or optimal mental health when facing injury, trauma, loss or other stressors in life. Recent biopsychosocial research reveals that up to 60% of chronic illnesses have significant psychological components that amplify the experience of pain and distress. Our registered psychotherapists provide services to assist patients to regain a sense of control over their lives.
- Assessment and treatment of psychological issues related to pain and injury
- Individual, couple, and family counselling to alleviate stress caused by injury
- Alleviation of symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Chronic pain management
- Trauma recovery counselling
Other Treatment Services:
- Marriage/Couple counselling
- Parenting consultation and coaching
- Trauma and Abuse recovery counselling
Siyi Zhang, R.P
- Registered Psychotherapist with College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (2015)
- Member of American Psychoanalyst College (2012)
- Core Faulty and Supervisor of LingYu International Psychotherapy Training Center (2011)
- Full member of Canadian Association of Psychodynamic Therapy (2008)
- Full member and Supervisor of China America Psychoanalysis Alliance (2007)
- Member of Chengdu Psychoanalysis Center. Chengdu, China (2002)
- Beijing Normal University Master of Developmental Psychology and Education (2001)
Siyi Zhang has a dynamic background in medicine and psychotherapy, she has rich experience in psychotherapy training and education, and is a regular guest specialist in radio and television programs.Siyi is specialized in treating anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, sleep disorders, work stress and work harassment, and car accident trauma. She also has extensive experience in marriage and family counseling, career counseling, as well as providing cultural adaptation support for immigrants. Siyi has also participated in providing relief effort for disaster victims who cope with psychological trauma and PTSD. Her counseling approach is client-centered and her diverse clinical experiences have provided her the opportunity to appreciate the individuality, potential, and beauty of every person. Siyi speaks fluent English and Mandarin.
Agatha Fung, R.P.
- Registered Psychotherapist with College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (2016)
- Tyndale Seminary: Master of Divinity in Counselling (2014)
- Member of American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2009)
Agatha Fung is a registered psychotherapist / marriage and family therapist with a master degree in counseling. Her counseling experience spans over 3 years with special attention to relational issues and trauma stress. She is also passionate and has extensive experience working with teenagers in various settings. She offers client-centered therapy incorporating a variety of therapeutic approaches to meet the unique preferences and needs of clients. Agatha speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.