Education and Certifications:
- Part-Time Professor at Humber College Lakeshore Continuing Education Gerontology Program-Physical Aging, Wellness and Promotion of Abilities (2017 – present)
- Registered Acupuncturist with College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturist of Ontario (CTCMPAO) (2013)
- Fellowship of International Academy of Medical Acupuncture (2009)
- Certified with Beijing Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine (2007)
- AAPB Certified Biofeedback/Neurofeedback (2006)
- Certified in Kinesiotape (2006)
- Certified with Acupuncture Council of Ontario (2003)
- Registered with College of Chiropractic of Ontario (2003)
- University of Waterloo – Honours Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology (Deans Honours List) (2002)
Many patients describe Dr. Clement Liu as “compassionate, caring and honest”. Dr. Liu has been in practice since 2003, working in Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Markham and Mississauga with family physicians and other healthcare practitioners. He has extensive experience in treating low back conditions, neck disorder, headaches and repetitive strain/sprains by combining eastern and western techniques (acupuncture, tuina, physiotherapy, chiropractic).
His passion is in treating age related neuromusculoskeletal disorders. Dr. Clement Liu is an active volunteer participating in giving injury prevention talks to Carefirst, CHAT and CICS. He also volunteered his time in 2006-07 conducting a live interactive health talk show on the Toronto Chinese Broadcast Radio. Dr. Liu also likes to be abreast with the latest evidence based techniques and treatments so that his patients can get quality, cost effective care. He was recently interviewed on Fairchild Radio talking about sciatica pain and participated on several online health talk shows. Recently he has talked as a guest speaker at the Running Room. Dr. Clement Liu was also involved in the 2015 Pan Am Games as a medical practitioner for badminton and seated volleyball.
In the past couple years Dr. Liu focused his attention to his passion in caring for the older adult population. He has given talks to various cancer support groups on the value of physical activity, talked to various senior community groups on balance, sleeping behaviours, incontinence and arthritis. In addition, he is a part time professor at Humber College Lakeshore Community and Social Services Department teaching a continuing education course to nurses, personal support workers and social workers on Physical Aging, Wellness & Promotion of Abilities as part of the Gerontology Certification Disipline.
You can view Dr. Clement Liu speaking on various health topics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUSJiZSIOpg